The city hall is built in new-gothic stile by architect Friedrich v. Schmidt. The building process lasted from 1872 to 1883. A walk around the building is worthwhile. One can observe lattice gates and window grates made by different art locksmiths. The 3-part main entry lattice gate on the south side of the city hall (Lichtenfelsgasse) was made by Albert Milde and given as a gift to the Viennese municipality in 1883 on the occasion of the keystone lapping and for own advertisement.
The following is written on a sign at the upper end of an astragal: “Geschenk von k. k. Hofschlosser Albert Milde in Wien “ (“A present from k. k. artistic wrought-iron-smith Alfred Milde in Vienna”). The next two entry gates are from Anton Schwarz. Unfortunately, the other gates and window grates cannot be assigned perfectly, because no markings exist. Only two next entry gates in Lichtenfelsgasse are recorded in the construction acts.